Complex and huge amount of data are hard to comprehend and navigate, especially when they are presented in words or text. Presenting it in words or text is just plain boring and turn off the audience. Information graphics or Infographics is a visual representation of those data. It is an excellent visual representation of data, it is easier to comprehend and the graphics helps us relate with the data. It does add some “emotional aspect” also. This is an excellent way to communicate clearly and it is self explanatory.
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge. These graphics present complex information quickly and clearly – Wikipedia
In order to appreciate them, here are some of the creative, informative and well-designed inforgraphics I have found.
1. World Cup 2010 Calendar – http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html
2. Revisit is a real-time visualization of the latest twitter messages (tweets) around a specific topic. – http://moritz.stefaner.eu/projects/revisit/
3. It’s 140 most influential Twitter users – http://informationarchitects.jp/c140/
4. The Evolution of Privacy on Facebook – http://mattmckeon.com/facebook-privacy/
5. A Visual History of the American Presidency – http://timeplots.com/potus/
6. An infographic résumé – http://joaocorreia.pt/infographics/infographic-resume/. A very interesting way of presenting resume, this is good for job in design industry.
7. Japan, the Strange Country – by Kenichi Tanaka http://www.kenichi-design.com/. This one is a video and in Japanese. Unfortunetely the English version was deleted. But it is still interesting too watch.
8. ASK KEN™ is sort of a Node-Link diagram that allows to visually navigate through interconnected topics. – http://askken.heroku.com/ . Btw, this site only support FF, Safari and Chrome.
9. Every Country’s #1 at Something – http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/because-every-country-is-the-best-at-something/
10. An information graphic for AOL Autos comparing Teen Drivers to Senior Drivers, visualizing various statistics on who are the safer drivers. http://gavinpotenza.com/old-young-drivers/