“Speed Tracer is a Google Chrome extension that helps you identify and fix performance problems in your web applications. It visualizes metrics that are taken from low level instrumentation points inside of the browser and analyzes them as your application runs. Using Speed Tracer you are able to get a better picture of where time is being spent in your application.” – Google.
Tried to perform the trace on Yahoo! website and the result is below. Comparing this with HttpWatch (IE) or HttpFox (FF), Speed Tracer seems to focus more on what happen in the browser, while HttpWatch and HttpFox for focus on the request. Anyway, I still to play more to find out its power. But I believe this is useful for developers and testers.
2. Click on “Create a New Virtual Machine” and the New Virtual Machine wizard will pop up.
3. In the first screen, select “I will install the operating system later” then click “Next”
4. Choose “Other” for both operating system and version then click “Next”
5. Enter the virtual machine name. Use the same name as the downloaded vm disk file name to simplify configuration. Then click “Next”
6. Set the disk size accordingly. In this tutorial, I used 10GB. Then click “Next”
7. This is the last page of the wizard. However there 2 more configuration required. Click on the “Customize Hardware” button.
8. Adjust the memory size to 1024 or more depending on the availability of memory in your PC. Then click on the option Network Adapter
9. Select “Bridge” for the network adapter, then click “Ok”. You will be back at the wizard screen, then click “Finish”. Now you have completed the VM configuration. Before you can start ChromeOS, copy the vm disk (the one downloaded from gdgt) into the virtual machine folder.
10. Launch VMware Player then select the newly created vm and click Play. Once the VM start and loaded, you will see the ChromeOS login screen.
11. Use your google/gmail user id and password to login. Once login, you will see Chrome Browser. That will be the main screen of the OS. Have fun with ChromeOS!!